AI has become famous worldwide, and people are using it unhesitatingly. The search engine giant is precarious with AI growth. Consequently, Bard happened. The biggest software company, Microsoft, foresaw the future, seeing the blasting growth of ChatGPT. Consequently, Bing Chat happened.
Others also followed the pace, and now, different tools and software based on AI have filled the market. Therefore, users are confused. In this blog, you will get the answer for which AI tool is the best for business? What are the pros and cons? And lastly, Which one is best for marketing? So, let’s start-
ChatGPT is an AI chatbot launched in November 2022 by OpenAI. It uses natural language processing to create human-like conversational dialogue. Users can also get human-like images, text and videos by giving prompts. It is available in over 50 languages and trained using the latest data from 2021 and older.
Furthermore, this AI chatbot is powered by 3.5 architecture, which empowers it to give accurate and exact responses to user queries using the huge database it has. OpenAI claims it has fed the tool 300 billion words from books, websites, posts and articles.
What Are Its Pros and Cons?
A quarter of American companies had saved $50,000 to $70,000 using ChatGPT, as per a survey done by Statista, a reputable German company.
Here is a list of pros-
- Contextual Understanding – ChatGPT understands better and responds appropriately based on the previous conversations. It can give more emphasis to important words and phrases in a sentence. As a result, you can use it to generate compelling content such as attractive email newsletters, engaging articles, informative essays and grammatically correct academic papers.
- Truly Versatile- You can prompt ChatGPT to cast in anybody’s mould to get views from the perspective of a doctor, teacher, examiner, etc. You can adjust it to a particular topic and get specialised knowledge in a particular field. You can even get legal and financial advice using this unique feature etc. Businesses actively use it to create engaging and appealing ad copies, headlines, meta titles and descriptions.
Here is a list of cons:
- Old Data – The chatbot is trained on old data; it encompasses the latest information until 2021, and its responses heavily rely on this data. Therefore, it might give you wrongful and inaccurate information. Moreover, its inaccessibility to the latest data restricts your growth prospects.
- Paid subscription: If you want to use ChatGPT for free, then you can use it, but if you want to access the internet using ChatGPT, then you have to take the subscription, wherein you also find access to GPT4, a higher model of ChatGPT also known as ChatGPT plus.
Bard is Google’s experimental and conversational AI service, announced by Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google, on February 6, developed in response to OpenAI’s ChatGPT. It is powered by Google’s own and most advanced large language model (LLM) PALM 2 and follows NLP technology similar to ChatGPT.
Most people deem it better to write for research rather than creativity. It is available in over 40 languages. You should use it to analyse on-page SEO performance, get customised marketing advice, generate a schema markup for a page, and get information based on the latest events. ChatGPT, Bard and Bing Chat offer similar features; however, here are the unique pros of using Bard.
- Easy to Modify- After prompting, you get an answer, but What if you want to introduce some modifications? So, if you are using an AI chatbot other than Bard, you need to give another prompt with the modifications listed. But in Bard, you don’t have to do this monotonous task. Simply click on the modify icon and select one of the available modifications: Shorter, longer, simpler, casual and more professional.
- Free Access- To use the internet in ChatGPT Plus, you must get a paid subscription. But Google gives you free access, meaning you get internet service free in Google Bard, which helps you enhance your business performance by getting updated details.
- Retrieve Images- Bard gives images from the web relevant to your search with its source whereas Chatgpt gives you only textual reference. Thus, using web images makes understanding anything easy.
- Access to Google Apps- Bard further makes your life easy; it gives you access to Google apps. For example- You created a response in Google Bard and want to include it in your article on Google Docs. Just click on the share icon and select the export to doc option. You do not need to copy and paste like you do with other AI chatbots.
Here are the cons of Google Bard
- Inaccuracy- Google Bard is an experimental chatbot; it is prone to making mistakes and possesses an attitude to cite its mistakes as high-quality content. During its live demo launch, it gave factually incorrect details and came into the limelight when many famous astronomers pointed out its inaccuracy.
- Limited Generative Potential- Bard has limited potential in creating long essays, articles or any detailed fictional writing. ChatGPT is based on GPT4 with the ability to produce long-form content, whereas Bard is a newcomer and still in its developmental stage; therefore, it faces certain limitations and inefficiencies.
As Microsoft is an investor in OpenAI, thereby like ChatGPT Plus, Bing Chat is also powered by GPT4. However, it is integrated and tailored with the Microsoft Edge browser. Like other AI chatbots, it can search for information, generate creative text formats, answer questions, and translate languages. It is available in 40 languages and over 200 countries.
There are many similar features but here are the ones which make it different from other AI chatbots.
- Better Composition – In other AI chatbots, you have to give specific prompts to get exactly what you want. Still, Bing allows you to be a better writer by giving you additional features such as after writing a prompt, it asks you to choose a specific tone, format and length. Thus, it comes in handy if you don’t know the skill of AI prompt engineering.
- Insights Tab- Using the Bing insights tab, you get additional information about the page you are on. You find Q&A, key points, page topics and other related information. Also, by scrolling down, you can even find the analytics related to the website you are on.
Here are the cons of Bing Chat
- Slow Speed- Bing is powered by GPT4, the same which ChatGPT Plus uses. To get access to ChatGPT Plus, you need to buy their subscription, but with Bing, it is free, although it sometimes becomes too slow.
- Less Open – While other AI chatbots are open about their limitations, Bing is reluctant to share its limitations. It simply says it does not prefer to discuss its limitations, which generates a feeling of uneasiness in the hearts of the common populace.
Selecting the right AI chatbot boosts your creativity and business productivity, and its selection should be done after finding and analysing your needs and requirements. Therefore, if you have a low budget but want an easy and productive chatbot, go for Bing, but if you give more precedence to creativity and versatility, select ChatGPT. However, you may also go for Google Bard if you like getting more updated information with creativity.
Marketing is the spine of every business, but to do it with impeccable efficiency, you need help from someone who has experience, expertise and specialised teams. We here at Rankingeek are ready to transform your business into a success. Contact us today!